Best Affordable Smartwatches in 2020
Are you thinking about buying a smartwatch but are unsure which model to choose? Or are you looking for a budget option as an ideal entry into the world of smartwatches?
Experts at Tech4Live compiled a detailed report of the best affordable (under $200) smartwatches. Some of them are simply older versions of flagship models without all the latest features, while there are also some interesting models that might surprise you with quality and price.
For the report, we looked at the best affordable smartwatch models in the $100-200 price range. Our goal was to present various options to smartwatch lovers or enthusiasts who don’t want to spend too much on smartwatches.
If you are looking for the best budget smartwatch for less than $100, the Amazfit Bip is the best one you can have. It will cost you just $70. This smartwatch comes with a heart rate monitor, GPS, and more. If you want something more stylish, then you can go with Fossil Sport.
When we talk about the best affordable smartwatches overall, then the Apple Watch Series 3 is the best one which costs $199. We have a few more apart from Apple watch series 3, let’s have a look at each one in detail.
1. Apple Watch Series 3
- This smartwatch is the best one for those who are iPhone users.
- You can get the Apple watch series 3 at $199 in the Apple store and $209 at Amazon.
- The Apple watch series 3 has many latest features, it works with iOS .
- The other interesting features are excellent fitness tracking features, faster Siri, Apple Music streaming with LTE, Affordable.
- Coming to the battery, it has an 18-hour battery life which is even shorter when connected to LTE.
- The watch has got a 39mm or 42mm display. Also, the watch integrates seamlessly with the phone so that you can easily view notifications and respond to messages directly on the wrist.
- Apart from this, the series 3 has also got many of the fitness tracking and heart health features.
- Here is the very interesting thing you guys need to know, that is you don’t need to splurge on the LTE model to get the best features.
- Apple has also rolled out watchOS 6 which are bringing even more features to the series 3. This includes a stand-alone watch app store and fully independent watch apps.
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is the best budget smartwatch for Android users.
- Samsung’s first-gen Galaxy watch Active smartwatch is the most affordable one.
- The Galaxy Watch sports a faster processor and easier-to-use software than other Android watches that run on Google’s Wear OS platform.
- The Galaxy Watch Active doesn’t have many well-known apps.
- Samsung also offers the Galaxy Watch Active 2 which comes in two sizes and includes LTE connectivity and an ECG sensor.
- This watch has a starting price of $279.
3. Fossil Sport
- Fossil is one of the most prolific wear OS smartwatch brands with dozens of models and styles.
- Fossil Sport is one of the least expensive and most stylish smartwatches around which you can get $99.
- It runs the most current Qualcomm 3100 processor and also has GPS, a heart-rate monitor, NFC for mobile payments, and Wi-Fi.
- This watch is also available in multiple colors and its band is easily replaceable.
4. Amazfit Bip
- The Amazfit Bip watch is a stylish touch screen watch with smartphone notifications and more.
- It has also got a lengthy battery life and built-in heart-rate monitor, GPS, and GLONASS for accurate workout tracking.
- When we put up the test for Bip, it was found to be almost as accurate as our Garmin Forerunner.
- The watch also has the 45 days of battery life from Bip without using any of its smart features.
- But when we use the heart-rate monitor and GPS to track workouts we went two weeks before the watch dipped below 50 percent. That’s really incredible for a smartwatch.
- The Bip’s 1.28-inch, 176×176 pixel color screen is not stellar but the always-on display is useful for using the watch.
- The Amazfit Bip is a great budget smartwatch under $100.
5. Fitbit Versa 2
- The Fitbit versa 2 is the Best and affordable smartwatch for sleep-tracking.
- It has got a battery life of 5 days and is also water-resistant.
- It works with Android, iOS, and has 1.4 inches of display.
- The Fitbit’s Versa 2 makes slight tweaks on the original Versa which includes AMOLED display and built-in Alexa.
- Fitbit’s smartwatch offers all the features like heart-rate tracking, lengthy battery life, colorful touchscreen display, and in-depth sleep analysis.
- This is why the Versa 2 made it to our best cheap smartwatch list.
- The Versa doesn’t have onboard GPS which would make it a more capable Apple Watch rival.
- So we can say that, with the battery life of five days and also have cross-platform compatibility, an affordable price and sophisticated sleep tracking feature.
- All these things make the Fitbit Versa 2 a solid smartwatch for most people.
- The Fitbit Versa 2 is priced for $199.